Looking for an Original?
I often get asked if I offer hand-painted re-makes of any of my original artworks. The answer is YES!
While I’m not currently taking commissions for new artwork, and my first originals are often already sold, in a gallery, or otherwise unavailable, I do offer what I call “Limited Originals” upon request, and they come with their own certificate of authenticity!
About my “Limited Originals”
You’ve heard of an Original (the original painting), and you’ve probably heard of a Limited Edition – A special printed edition of a painting that has limited numbers available, and therefore valuable to collectors. Well, my Limited Originals are somewhere between the two…
Rather than a special limited print run of the original, My “Limited Originals” are re-makes of the art piece of your choice, and hand painted with the same process, with the same digital and acrylic layers that I used on the original.
There are a few differences between the Original and the Limited Original
- Because I literally re-create each art piece by hand, there will be various differences in colors, textures, size, proportions. I find that collectors usually like this however, because while it is not the true original, it is a hand-painted original none the less.
- The other main difference is in the number available and will be seen on the signed Certificate of Authenticity. The true Original will indicate it is the true “Original” and will always only be 1 of 1. Limited Originals will indicate “Limited Original”, and will never exceed a reproduction number above 50. Once they’re gone, they’re gone.
• As mentioned above, each Limited Original is hand-made and re-created using the same method I used on the true Original.
• It will be hand mounted on a wooden canvas for durability and ready to hang.
• Your choice of colored wax edges available for those who’d like it.
Sizes and Pricing
I keep it pretty simple and straight forward. I offer the 3 size and price categories below.
8×8 or 8×10 – $350
10×10 or 9×12 – $450
12×12 or 11×14 – $500 (Best deal)
Turn around time is generally 2-4 weeks.
If you need a larger size, I am happy to discuss possibility of larger sizes, but will be determined on a case by case basis.
Ready to have your own “Limited Original”?
Because I like to make sure you have all your questions answered before I start your custom art piece, the best way to get your Limited Original in the works, is to simply reach out to me through my contact page.
Simply let me know of any questions you have for me, as well as which image, size and edge style you’d like (plain wood or colored wax) and I will reply shortly with answers to your questions and a customized payment option for your order.